• Decorum NI will work independently and collaboratively to meet the complex physical, mental or social needs of its members contributing to their overall well-being.
• Decorum NI strives to ensure that the true and accurate story of those who served is told in a way that engenders a better understanding in society in general.
• Decorum NI seeks to ensure that the legacy of the service given is generous in recognising the sacrifice and is promoted to give a fuller understanding to current and future generations. In fulfilling its purpose Decorum NI will operate in an all encompassing equality framework.
• Decorum NI is to promote, advocate and address the needs of former security service personnel and their families who have suffered as a result of the violence perpetrated over the period of Operation BANNER between 14th August 1968 and 31st July 2007.
• Decorum NI welcomes applications from all Service personnel at home and abroad – subject to compliance with the conditions of our Registration procedure (a unique way of keeping in touch with former service comrades)
Membership is for all those who served in the Armed Forces, Police or Prison Service in NI from 14 August 1969 – 31 July 2007 (known as Operation BANNER /The Troubles), and their immediate family/dependants.
ALL members must be registered by completing a registration form to join and provide documentary proof (i.e. copy of service papers) of service or family connection.
Individual Membership of Decorum NI is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Must have served in NI between 14 August 1969 – 31 July 2007,
- Is a family member/dependant of someone who served between 14 August 1969 – 31 July 2007.
Associate membership– is by invitation by the Management committee to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Served in the Armed Forces, Police or Prison Service between 14 August 1969 – 31 July 2007 who are domiciled in or strongly linked to NI,
- Can demonstrate a strong connection with the membership during the period 14 August 1969 – 31 July 2007,
- Volunteer their services to help Decorum NI.
Associate members will be regarded as part of the Decorum NI family circle.
Associate members have no voting rights at meetings